Sunday, May 14, 2017

AP Lang test experience

Sitting in for the Ap test was at first 'unreal'. We had spent months learning and mastering our skills to take this test. I had to remind myself to remain calm and confident. After my own mental pep talk, I went over a simple check list of things to do for this test. In this prospective, the test didn't seem too difficult. By the end of the test, I felt that I had done my best. I was able to answer all of the questions and I had given myself enough time to check/ re-read my essays. I was able to have well thought out responses.
In preparation for this exam, I could have practiced writing the essays more. During the exam I had to make every effort to be unique in my writing and follow the guidelines given to me. I believe that I could have practiced more so that the essay writing could be easy. I believe that the hardest component of the exam was the time restraint, especially for the multiple choice. There should be more time given-at least 10 more minutes- so that a person can have more 'reading time'.

3 comments:

  1. Daniris, I also constantly reminded myself to remain calm and confident. I'm so glad you had enough time to check/re-read your essays. I agree that an extra 10 minutes could have been very helpful. Just like you, I think a little extra practice could've helped.

    What are some strategies you used for the multiple choice? Did you finish on time or did you have a few minutes to spare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way. I still could not believe that May had come so soon! Time management was difficult for me as well especially for the essays, but I was able to pace myself well for the multiple choice. I should've practiced writing more essays too tbh.
    How did you include "uniqueness" in your writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniris! The entire morning before the exam I was doing my best to remain calm, but I was still so nervous. The time restraint on the exam was by far my biggest concern. I spent too long on that first passage and I regret not skipping it to do the other ones first, which may have allowed me to finish the multiple choice section. I think that even with more essay practice, the essays would not have been easy to write, but I probably would have come out feeling better about them. Out of all the essays, which one was the "easiest" in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete